Tuesday 3 February 2015

Hello Monday.


I sometimes wonder why Monday’s seem to have a bad reputation. And then Monday a crazy Monday comes around and I realize why. Yesterday was definitely one of those days. One of those – “there’s too many things to do and not enough time to do it” days. One of those- “I don’t think I can catch my breath” days.

Stress. I hate it. I wish I didn’t have it. I try, every day, to fight it off. To keep it at bay. To not worry about the little things and to ask for help, if needed, with the big things. Exercising is a huge stress reliever for me. So is snuggling with my kids, until they literally tell me “no!” when I ask for more hugs (I’m mostly rejected by my son, who is often too busy climbing and dancing to give his Momma some love. My daughter is the cuddler. One of the very best.)

More than a few times yesterday, I caught myself sinking into that all-too-familiar, easy-to-find place of anxiety. I’d quickly try to flutter it out of my mind before something else popped up that would easily bring me back there. My poor husband called me in the middle of the day, only to get blindsided by a long-winded rant that probably seemed to come out of nowhere (Sorry babe. But thanks for the lunch that you made for me!).

I used to hide my stress better. I used to have a handle on it. Until my body called my bluff and completely took over - one morning I woke up with stress eczema and it’s never left my side. The frustration of not being able to get rid of it (or sometimes even hide it) adds to my stress- a nice vicious circle.

Anyways, yesterday was one of those days. One of those days where I really needed to work hard to pull myself out of a frustrated funk that I could’ve easily stayed in. Instead, I sucked it up and honed in on the positives. Was it absolutely crazy for me today at work? Yes. But I still managed to find a few minutes during my morning to call my kids and hear how fun their day was going. Does my husband have to work late tonight, meaning I’ll be missing an extra set of hands with dinner and the kids? Yes. But luckily I had prepared for dinner before work and would only need 15-20 mins or so to make it once I got home. Was I already stressing about how the rest of the week was going to go, especially because the days don’t appear to look any less stressful? Yes. But I came home to the cutest faces, the best hugs and an insane amount of cuddles from both (yay!) kids. So honestly, I’m not going to complain.

I’m going to choose the bright side. I’m going to choose the cuddles over the complaints. I’m going to choose the positives.
 
A fuzzy iPhone pic still captures the best part of my day.




Bring on the rest of the week. I’ve got this.

 

Xo

M

No comments:

Post a Comment