Tuesday 3 February 2015

Namaste.

The company that I work for currently offers a mix of Yoga and Pilates during lunch, once a week. It’s wonderful. It’s a great way for me to escape the stresses of the day and to just focus on me, even if it’s just for 50 minutes or so. I actually spend most of my lunch hours in the company gym, attempting to strengthen myself not only physically, but mentally (unless I’m in crazy party-planning mode like I was a few weeks ago). It’s a fantastic break away from reality and surprisingly, I emerge more refreshed and ready to tackle whatever challenges that come my way for the rest of the day.

For Valentine’s Day/our (dating) anniversary this year (yes, we most definitely do still celebrate our dating anniversary- why not celebrate *us* more than once a year?), rather than the usual and completely unnecessary shiny gifts, my husband has decided to get me something that I actually want, need and would love. So he’s tasked me with the job of researching and finding Yoga or Pilates (or both) classes that I want to try out and join, and he’ll do the rest of the work and sign me up. This is something that I’ve recently been talking to him about - the need for at least an hour, one evening, once a week, out of the house and away from work, where I can further focus on myself and really strengthen my physical and mental core. Thankfully, my husband  is amazing and understanding. He's always been a fixer. He has the ability to really hear my needs/stresses/concerns and find a way to fix it and put my mind at ease. I'll never deny it, I'm very lucky. 
So, similar to my plea for help in finding the perfect organizer (which I’ve finally found, thanks to all of your helpful tips and suggestions!) I’m putting this out there in the hopes that someone can recommend any classes or programs that have worked for you and helped fuel your own passions for physical and mental well-being. Since I already cross a bridge twice a day, 5 days a week, I’m looking for something a lot closer to home and something that will not only challenge me, but will continue to help energize and refresh my core for whatever adventures lie ahead.

I hope that you're all able to relax and enjoy a little 'me' time this week!

Xo
M 

2 comments:

  1. Oxygen Yoga!!! My friend Krista started out with their month unlimited yoga and managed to yogi herself at all hours of the day and night and absolutely loved it! There is one in Cloverdale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I'll check them out!

    ReplyDelete