Saturday 28 March 2015

Unconditional Love

I have been blessed with amazing parents.

Let me rephrase- I have been blessed with an amazing family, but my parents in particular are...amazing.

I wasn't one of those kids who constantly engaged in screaming "you don't understand how I'm feeling!" battles with my parents. I actually hardly ever really argued with my parents at all. Don't get me wrong, I was no angel. There were definitely moments. But thankfully those moments just made my relationship with both my Mom and my Dad, that much stronger.

My Mom has always been one of the strongest women that I have ever known. No matter what trials or obstacles have come her way (and I can only imagine how many there were, especially with having raised 5 kids) her faith and belief that everything happens according to plan has never waned. She's often my voice of reason and my go-to person when I need a sounding board or someone to vent to (after I've already talked my poor husbands ear off).

My Dad is my calming force. I am always in awe of his appropriately timed words of wisdom and humor. His quiet, yet powerful presence is always reminds me that you don't have to be the loudest person in order to be heard. 



My parents are the kindest and most genuine people you'll ever meet. They've taught me so much about life and they've been amazing examples of what true love really is- not only in the way that they love my brothers and I, but in the way that they love each other. The relationship that they have with one another has always been humbling and inspiring.

They are also the strongest and most selfless people that I know. Even now- although we've all grown up and have families and responsibilities of our own, my parents will still drop everything in a second- no matter what- to lend a hand, lend an ear or to just be there when we need them. They are my best friends and I can only hope to be half the parents that they are.

I am so lucky that my kids get to experience the unconditional love and wonderfulness of their grandparents.

Lolo with Baby Belles


Lola with Baby Keats
Girls dates with Lola are always the best.

This little man loves his Lolo like crazy.



 "Parents aren’t the people you come from. They’re the people you want to be, when you grow up." 
- Jodie Picoult

No comments:

Post a Comment