Friday 6 January 2017

time.

Time, as always, escapes me, and I can't even believe how long it has been since I've updated my teeny, tiny corner of the internet. Life has changed so much and I find myself in a bubble of self-reflection as I try to map out who exactly I am these days.

I am still a busy, working mom, although we have recently added to our little brood and I am currently navigating through a sea of diaper changes, interrupted nights and growth spurts. My older babies have gotten even older and we are all experiencing new firsts, with our oldest being in Kindergarten and our middle son finding his own passion and love for hockey and sports. Our schedules are constantly busy and we are often running from work to school or practice or games on any given day. But having a new baby at home has reminded me how important it is to slow things down. To take the time to really savour each day. To see creativity in the chaos of toys scattered on the floor and drinks spilled on the table. To stop the rushing and the stressing and just enjoy the fact that it's ok to not always have it all together (honestly, who really even does?). I so often get caught up in the planning and organizing of the days ahead that I forget to appreciate the present.

This new year has brought back to light a perspective that has been missing in my life for too long. One that reminds me to really pause and take each day as it comes. To live in the moment and not in the 'what ifs' and the 'what should be'. I am so guilty of getting trapped in the worries of tomorrow that I forget to see the beauty in today. I am so grateful that my 3 month old has not only added even more love and laughter into our home, but also, a reawakening, allowing us to put our focus back onto the quality of each and every day that we are lucky enough to experience.

So here's to the year ahead. One filled with quality experiences and new adventures.  One filled with more laughter, love and appreciation for each and every day that we are blessed to share with family and friends. And here's hoping that time doesn't escape me again and I can keep up with my little corner of the blogging world as I've definitely missed the peace that writing brings.

Wishing you all an amazing year ahead.

Xo

M

No comments:

Post a Comment