Tuesday 25 August 2015

Eight.



When I think back to this day 8 years ago, it still surprises me at how young we were. Yet at 21 & 22 years old, we knew exactly what we wanted- each other. There are choices in this life that will scare you. Choices that will test your strength, your courage, your faith. But the choice that we made that day, together, was so simple. So easy. And it has brought me even more happiness than I could have ever imagined.

You have been my best friend for over 13 years. You are the first person who I run to when my days are dark and you’re the first person who I want to celebrate with when things are looking up. You are such a strong source of positivity when I am all too quick to be negative and you are a constant reminder that laughter is such an important part of life.

You are an incredible father to our babies and I there are no words to express how happy it makes me to see how bright their little faces light up when you walk into a room. You continue to teach our daughter what it truly means to be valued in this world and you show our son what it means to be a true, hard-working and honest man. 

I can’t imagine going through this amazing adventure without you by my side. You have and always will be my absolute favourite person in the world and I cannot wait to see what other adventures are to come. Thank you for filling the last 8 years with incredible memories, amazing achievements and fulfilled dreams. 
I love you with all of my heart, forever and always. Happy anniversary Derek.



Xo

M

1 comment: